News Features

 

Congregation Celebrates Restoration Of Historic Chapel

Congregation Celebrates Restoration Of Historic Chapel

    The congregation of Umatilla’s Calvary Chapel of the Lakes gathered Sunday for a special service marking the reopening of its historic chapel.  The building, located at the corner of Guerrant Street and Kentucky Avenue in Umatilla, has been refurbished in recent months to make it suitable for church and public use.
    The building is part of the property that originally served as the grounds of the First United Methodist Church of Umatilla.  Several years ago, Calvary Chapel of the Lakes took over the property, which includes a newer sanctuary built in the 1980’s and many classroom buildings.  In recent months, members have overseen renovations of the historic chapel and meeting rooms associated with the older part of the property, and Sunday’s event served as a celebration of the completed work.
    The building is available for special occasions, and to learn more, call 352-508-1010.