News Features

 

Umatilla Home Damaged By Fire

Umatilla Home Damaged By Fire

    An early morning fire damaged a Umatilla home on Saturday, when a fire in a Sunshine Avenue home’s fireplace escaped. Multiple units from Lake County responded to 41420 Sunshine Avenue around 7 a.m. on Saturday and were able to extinguish the fire, but not before it spread to at least two rooms of the home and damaged a portion of the home’s rafters.
    No injuries were reported from the fire.
    Temperatures were in the upper 30’s early Saturday, and homeowner Tim Coleman reported he had started the fire in the fireplace when he woke up to help warm the house.  Sometime later he was in another room when he heard a loud popping sound.  He went to the living room and found the fire had spread.